In this quarantine an old heroine reappeared: the rope. “It is a super complete job because it sets the whole body in motion. It helps you oxidize fat, works your legs, improves power, concentration and speed.
Beloved in the boxing world, rope jumping is not just a hobby in school days. In fact, it is estimated that this exercise can burn about 12 calories per minute, depending on the heart rate (the faster and more intense, the higher caloric expenditure). However, by doing it conscientiously we can burn more than 400 calories in 30 minutes.
The advantages of jumping rope
- You will burn calories: although the caloric expenditure depends on the sex, height, weight and heart rate of each person ... For each minute jumping rope, about 12 calories are calculated.
- It will tone your body: from the tips of the fingers to the tips of the hair, the movement when jumping the rope helps to generate muscle mass.
- You will improve your concentration and coordination: in each jump you have to test your reflexes, coordination and keep your mind focused. One wrong step… And we can end up on the floor.
- It will give you muscular endurance: as it is a continuous aerobic exercise, over time we gain muscular endurance, which will be reflected in any other sport or physical activity (even daily, such as climbing stairs) that you do.
- It will increase your power: like all plyometric exercises, by performing explosive jumps you will be able to gain strength and speed in your leg muscles. If you are interested in running, playing basketball or any activity that requires power ... jumping rope is for you.
- It is a super practical exercise: you may not be able to have a bar or kettlebell but ... who does not have a space in some heat to store a rope? There are many lengths, materials and values.
- You will have fun: jumping rope is not only great for burning calories, but it is also great for releasing tension, distracting yourself and feeling small again.